Are you looking for a career in the marine services industry? Look no further than Smit Lamnalco! We're a leading provider of safe, reliable and customised marine services to Oil, Gas and LNG terminals as well as Port operations.
Our diverse fleet of approximately 160 modern vessels and over 2500 skilled crew and staff members serve customers worldwide. We specialise in providing marine support services tailored to the unique operational needs of our global customers in local markets.
At Smit Lamnalco, we're committed to maintaining international standards on safety and reliability to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. Our headquarters are located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
If you're interested in joining our team, we encourage you to visit our website at www.smitlamnalco.com to learn more about our company and available job opportunities. Thank you for considering Smit Lamnalco as your potential employer in the marine services industry!
We currently have an opening for a
Group Legal Counsel - Maritime
Head Office – Rotterdam (NL)
The legal team of Smit Lamnalco is responsible for all legal matters of the company globally and comprises of 4 people.
As Group Legal Counsel, your main responsibilities are to provide legal advice and support to the Smitlamnalco group of companies in order to protect the company’s business interests, to limit the risks and to ensure compliance with legislation and the Group Legal Framework.
The job responsibilities are:
- Advise on various legal aspects relevant to the business, including on insurance (related) matters.
- Draft, review and negotiate international contracts, including possible joint ventures.
- Initiate and coordinate the renewal of group insurances.
- Initiate and set-up new corporate structures and new (local) entities, amend existing structures.
- Assist on the purchase and sale of vessels, vessel ownership and registration.
- Provide legal support in case of disputes, settlement of claims, litigation and arbitration, monitor the progress of pending disputes, and liaise with (and manage) external lawyers.
- Provide legal support on contract lifecycle management, initiate and assist on the development of templates and standardization of legal processes and otherwise contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Group Legal Framework.
- Establish clear and effective legal policies and procedures and ensure the application thereof as well as compliance with laws and regulations, including in the areas of compliance and sanctions.
We will be happy with a colleague with the following profile:
- A Bachelor and Master degree in Law.
- Ample experience as (in-house) legal counsel in an international setting, preferably in the maritime and/or oil & gas industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with international contract law, corporate law, and preferably experience with claims and (maritime) insurances.
- Strategic insights, problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Well-developed communication - and influencing skills.
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality, hands-on, team player.
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
You must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Smit Lamnalco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we very much would like to receive your cv. If you have any questions, please let us know, you are invited to contact Herman Bosma, Legal-Partner.
E: email@example.com T: +31 (0)6 – 53 729 045
Tags: legal counsel, advocaat, bedrijfsjurist, lawyer, medior, senior, commercial contracts, company law, corporate, maritime, offshore, oil, gas, logistics, shipping, marine, international, global, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands