Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification, delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
The Group has more than 75.000 employees located in more than 1.400 offices and laboratories around the globe.
Because of the further growth strategy and a lot of legal related subjects a new vacancy has arisen for an experienced
Legal Counsel Benelux & Nordic Region
Generalist, parttime 24 hours; Based: Amersfoort (NL)
In this role you provide general legal advice (national and international) and are partly responsible for development, implementation and control of policies and procedures regarding compliance, risk management and corporate governance in the Benelux & Nordic Region.
The Legal Counsel will be part of the global Legal team, reports to the General Counsel in UK and has a dotted line to the Country Chief Executive in NL. The home base is Amersfoort.
- Contract review and negotiation of terms of business with clients and internal business;
- Offering legal advice and support to the business with regards to commercial;
- contracting and contract management , risk analyses, SLA’s, NDA's, LOI's, PCG's;
- Assist HR in legal matters (labour law, local Works Council, Union);
- Support to business with acquisition, mergers, divestments and restructuring;
- Taking care of compliancy policies, further development of compliancy rules, implementing, maintaining and auditing, incl. Code of Ethics;
- Supporting the business by providing corporate governance documentation and assistance;
- General legal advice and use of preferred external legal suppliers, control legal spend.
- Law degree (Msc.), specialization in corporate/labour law is desirable;
- 6+ year experience as solicitor/advocate/lawyer, including in-house counsel;
- Ability to work and adapt quickly within a dynamic professional internationa matrix organisation;
- Strong analytical skills, able to work accurately and to communicate at all levels including board level;
- Ability to multi-task, flexible attitude, dynamic and proactive person with a high level of organisation and strong time-management skills;
- Fluent in both English and Dutch.
- A challenging new role, as Legal Counsel in a world leader company providing high quality services to help the society meet the growing challenges of quality, environmental protection and sustainability;
- Possibility to give guidance, coordinate and roll out this new legal position;
- Being part of a growing learning organisation with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself;
- In a modern office;
- Parttime function, with a lot of flexibility;
- Attractive remuneration package.
We would like to receive your motivation, cv and salary indication.
For questions you are invited to contact Herman Bosma, Legal-Partner.
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone number +31 (0)70 – 360 69 90.