Yondr is a start-up technology solutions business born from a dynamic group of businesses including a well-known construction contractor.
Yondr is revolutionising the real estate and technology industries. We provide wholly outsourced, end-to-end solutions to meet the capacity and property needs of growing businesses. In the process, we improve business performance, create enricher user experiences, and meet tomorrow’s needs today. But we can’t do I without you.
We believe in a tomorrow without constraints and making the impossible possible for our clients. Thinking out of the box and not settling for less, is crucial.
Because of the fast growth strategy a new vacancy has arisen for an experienced
Construction Lawyer NL & International
Acting as Business Partner; Based: Amsterdam (NL)
We are looking for a Dutch qualified lawyer who has prior experience in a construction role. You will be a strategic, highly driven professional with a genuine desire to expand their legal and commercial skills. This person should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who can be an approachable point of contact for stakeholders and all areas of business.
The Construction Lawyer will be part of the small global Legal team, reports to the Legal Counsel and the Group Commercial Director, both in UK.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to the Yondr Group Board in a variety of legal topics;
- Specify and monitor the compliance of internal governance policies;
- Research and evaluate different risks that could affect business and operational decisions using a proactive and effective risk management technique;
- Negotiate, draft and execute agreements (design engineering, consultancy services, D&B, construction, supply of materials etc.) to ensure full legal compliance on behalf of the business;
- Supporting the Yondr Board and project teams in relation to contractual issues e.g. extension of time, loss and expense applications, notices of default/determination. (“up-stream and “down-stream”);
- Advise on contract status, legal risks and liabilities associated with a variety of transactions;
- Provide clarification on legal language and specification to everyone in the business;
- Maintain and enhance current knowledge of changes to legislation;
- Provide training to the business on legal topics.
Qualifications and experience:
- Circa 3 – 8 years experience as a Legal Counsel/Contract Manager in-house and/or as a Construction Lawyer at a law firm;
- Dutch and English speaking;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others of all levels of the business;
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues;
- Good organisational, time management and workload management skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with various departments and across all Business Units;
- Desire to help the business achieve implement its strategy and achieve its objectives.
- A challenging new role, as Construction Lawyer in an international fast growing professional start-up, being part of an impressive multinational:
- High quality services and technology to help to improve business performance and create enriching user experiences;
- Possibility to give guidance, coordinate and roll out this new legal position;
- Being part of a very fast growing learning organisation with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself and the business;
- In a modern attractive office located in Amsterdam with an impressive view;
- Preferably a fulltime position, with a lot of flexibility, some international travel;
- Attractive remuneration package.
You like to join Yondr, we very much would like to receive your motivation and cv. For questions you are invited to contact Herman Bosma, Legal-Partner.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone number: + 31 (0) 70-360 69 90.
#advocaat #bedrijfsjurist #legalcounsel #jurist #lawyer #lawfirm #contractmanager